Share the Fresh Produce Love
With Valentine’s Day on a Sunday you should anticipate extra foot traffic that day. There will be extra related business on Saturday but this year Sunday will be the day.
ALERT: Strawberries will be in lighter supply, so think about other items to promote too.
• Cut Flower sales will spike through the roof! Put your focus here.
• Fill your department with RED and PINK Produce Displays: Sweet Red Peppers, Pink Lady Apples, Blood Oranges, Red Anjou Pears, Strawberries, Raspberries, Cut Watermelon and Red Potatoes.
• The popular Chocolate Dipping Theme for do-it-your-self or store-made can continue beyond Strawberries with: Sliced Apples, Sliced Pears, Mandarin Sections and Bananas.
• Other items that will sell well include Blueberries, Blackberries and Melons
• You should also have a large display of Russet Baking Potatoes for Idaho Potato Lover’s Month and to get shoppers thinking about Baked Potato & Steak themed dinners