Big Game Merchandising
The NFL’s Super Bowl is Sunday, February 7th
This is one of the few events left in America that gathers friends and family around the TV for a common event. Will your produce department be poised to maximize sales for this huge snacking event?
8 Ideas to Grab Incremental Sales for the Big Game:
1. Store-made Fresh Salsa and Fresh Guacamole. These will sell themselves and command a great margin. Merchandise them in the produce department, plus in ice trays near the registers.
2. Don’t anger your customers by only having rock-hard Hass Avocados on display 2/3 to 2/7. Be ready by bringing in regular hard fruit early in the week and then allowing it to ripen at room temperature in your back room. Or pre-book pre-conditioned Hass Avocados for the Big Game weekend.
3. Promote Fresh Vegetables for Dipping and Snacking. This February, Broccoli and Cauliflower have both returned to promotable pricing!
4. Convenience adds sales. Sunbelt Organic and Nature’s Kitchen Conventional value-added fruit and vegetable lines make entertaining easy. Their offerings include fruit and vegetable trays along with fresh salsa.
5. Foods to complement sandwich and deli trays such as ripened tomatoes, lettuce and sweet onions sell well.
6. Relish and Veggie Tray components such as radishes, celery, mini carrots, broccoli & cauliflower florets, colored peppers, sliced mushrooms, grape & cherry tomatoes, asparagus, snow & snap peas and dips, plus hummus and dressings are good sellers.
7. Add secondary displays of Lemons and Limes. This is a big “Beverage” event.
8. Football themed displays, balloons and colorful decorations attract attention. Attention creates selling opportunities.